- Check ready.gov, and FEMA.gov, and the Mahikari Center Bulletin Board for the list of items you can be shopping for these holidays
while they are on sale at the Army/ Navy Surplus Stores, REI, and the Emergency
Preparedness sections at your Target, and Walmart stores.
- The most likely disasters to occur in the
Atlanta area are: localized flooding, lightning storms, ice storms, and
tornadoes which in turn may have fires and power outages associated with them.
- You should play the “what if” game for every
disaster likely to occur and answer
questions that occur to you, as well as the
- Do you have a
designated safe room you can seal off, if you need to stay?
- How will you escape
- What will you take
with you? (Remember your pets)
- Do you have enough
food, water, batteries, medical and other supplies, for all?
- Do you have Specialty
items you may need?
- Where will you
- Do you have designated
places you can go, near and far?
- Where will you meet family
- Can you improve your
communications needs before you may need it?
- What designated far
away people can receive your family’s calls?
- What route will you
take out of your neighborhood if evacuation becomes necessary?
- Do you have an
- What will you need to
shelter in place?
- Do you have those
- Have you provided the Mahikari Center with an updated phone number and address?